The perfect unique gift for a baby shower or birthday of a newborn baby boy or girl! This beautiful, heirloom quality baby blanket has a personalized design based on a modern classic: the Penguin book cover. It's a keepsake that'll last a lifetime.
Versatile in size with a lovely stretch. Fold in thirds to fit a bassinet or pram. Use as a feature in the nursery by draping over the back of a nursing chair. Great prop for a newborn photoshoot. Great conversation starter! Everywhere we go with the pram strangers are always complimenting the blanket. Staff at the local stores even recognize us now by its personal and distinctive design. ❤️
All text you see on the blanket is customizable:
• Publisher: "<your last name> Classics", "Penguin Classics", "Baby Penguin", "Sunshine Classics" or something else!
• Book title: "This is how it all began", "The Little Prince", "A Little Princess", "Singing in the Rain", "Sunshine", or something else of your choosing!
• Author: baby's name, mum and dad's name or the author of your chosen book title.
• Publication: baby's birthdate, birth year, or something else of your choosing!
You can even choose the animal – monkey, penguin or other!
There's a wide selection of colours available. Choose from lovely pinks, purples, yellow, blues, reds, greens or neutral greys. Perfect for a baby girl or boy or even if the gender is still unknown.
See the last photo for the full range of colours. The sample card on the left is 100% Australian made wool, the card on the right is 100% cotton. The blankets pictured are using Aztec 609 and Grey 764 wool.
• 100cm long, 62cm wide.
• Double layered knitting technique called Double Jacquard with the pattern on one side and standard Birds Eye on the reverse.
• Australian made using locally sourced wool.
• To clean use 40'c machine or hand wash warm rinse. Do not rub or hand-wring. Dry flat.
• Alternatively, have your custom blanket made in cotton! See the last photo for the range of colours available.
I make baby blankets in my smoke free, pet free home. To knit them I resurrected a broken domestic knitting machine from the 1980's and hacked it to accept patterns from a modern day computer. Don't assume this blanket is quick work, though. While a knitting machine makes some things easier, I still have to work by hand from start to finish.
I have more knits available, check them out in my shop: https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/HeartOfPlutoView this product on Etsy Personalized baby blanket, baby shower gift, baby wool blanket, baby cotton blanket, baby girl gift, nursery decor, Australian made